View Single Post
Old 02-28-2005, 08:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I have car #33. Backdraft was just starting out when I started shopping. I met Reg in Carlisle of PA. He's the only reason I bought. If he ever left, I would question the company. He seemed to keep it together. I don't know if they are still changing the cars as fast as they were when I purchased, but I saw a least 50 things change from when I ordered mine, to when I actually got it. I think many of my questions and concerns kept things changing. I truely was a guinea pig. I like to research and overanalyze everything, so I was on the phone or e-mailed weekly. When I did get the car after it being 2 months later than agreed upon, I found a ton of problems. My top was lost, the front needed repainted, they didn't have correct headers for a 351, so they needed to be made here in the states. They were still trying to figure out how to make a heater to fit, so that came about 7 months late, the turn signal didn't work(like many of you have already stated), the clutch went out leaving me stranded. The master cylinder drained out leaving me stranded, the fit of the hood is horrible. I think your cars now have some type of rubber grommet to hold it so it doesn't rub. The hood handle broke. The trunk handle broke. My alternater just fried, and my master cylinder again drained out. My spark plug wires are too close to the headers and keep melting. I know I need ceramic. The latest is the snaps on the top are pulling out of the car. I know I've forgoten many other things (I try to block it out). I'm the running joke to many of my friends.
I'm sure many more things will go wrong. I say - so what. Would I do it again? In a heartbeat! Nothing is perfect. I knew going into it that these are not factory made by the tens of thousands. Hopefully they will keep improving the cars and listening to all of you. My hope is that they are still around and have a better one about 15 years from now so that I can give mine to my son and buy a better one or maybe two :-).
Scott