View Single Post
Old 03-02-2005, 07:32 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2002 Lone Star Classics LS427, 428 CJ engine stroked to 464, 580hp/590tq at flywheel
Not Ranked     

I don't think any of us can feel safe about regs like are currently in CA from hitting all our states. Dallas has a smoking ban now doesn't it, that sure as heck did not start in Texas! Jim is correct, the only way we can fight this is to combine our forces. The people that need to be yelling the loudest are the manufacturers of hot rods, part suppliers and rod clubs. I would suggest anywhere there are issues that you contact your state based clubs, manufacturers, suppliers etc. and get them to write letters to the state. Right now I agree the majority of the rods are in CA, so it stands to reason so are the majority the manufacturers/suppliers/clubs. That means there is a lot of tax money going to the state that will go away if they drive the rod people away. Motorcycles will be coming next. I am also starting to hear talk of regulating noise levels on model engines. It probably won't do any good for TEXAN to write anything to CA, but anyone else has some ideas I would be willing to do what I could do, cause change is a comin to all of us!