Thread: Backdraft Motor
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2005, 09:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 89 KEITH CRAFT ALL ALUMINUM 427 WINDSOR
Not Ranked     

Some very interesting points indeed.

Strapped for cash, go with 302 and bolt on supercharger, how expensive is that?

Going with the 302==345hp package I presume, how many more dollars would be the 408 package?

Wanting to add fuel injection to the current 302 package and then possibly add the supercharger to get the feel of a "big block" . When you add these things up, it seems that the cost of the say 408 package is not so bad afterall. Lets not forget that if you build it for a 302 to begin with that the driveline may not sustain the abuse of later adding a supercharger without some upgrading.

As far as the 289 outperforming the 427 cobra could had very well happened, I don't pay to much hype with magazine articles, I am more hands on. lets go red light to redlight or possibly to the track wiyh both cars that you can see and touch, drivers that can talk to each other and nothing staged to see who can have so called "braggin rights" and fun of course.

My windsor is aluminum blocked, close to the weight of a 302,possibly lighter. It has big block cubes at 427. now think of the possibility of "strapping" a supercharger to it, yea buddy.

Build the biggest possible motor you can and can't afford that way you are not left with the sudden urge of needing more power and wishing you would have done so.

THESE ARE JUST MY OPINIONS! My motto is build it big and bad, people notices big and bad, and you will respect big and bad. I promise you on that. I like old school by the way, big motor, big carbuetor, BIG SMILES.

DON