View Single Post
Old 03-07-2005, 08:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     
Default Re: Where's Garrett when you need him?

Quote:
Originally posted by 750hp

I'm looking at buying a house with a leaking shower upstairs. While water falling on your head might seem normal for Victorians , it's not what I really want for the kitchen below.
Hehehehe ROFL

Obviously I'm not Garrett, I'm much better looking

Either two things are the problem. A simple plumbing leak, or a shower tray leak.

The first is not too bad depending on access to the plumbing but the second is a like "sell the cobra" type expense, if it's been leaking for some time.

The leaky shower can be a huge problem depending on what the top floor is made of. If It's timber which would be normal for a residence then the timber floor can just rot away over time, resulting in a major repair to the floor.

By major repair I mean removal of the shower base, usually tiles, cement base and shower tray if there was one. ( prolly a galvanised tray and it's rusted away). Repair the rotted floor/bearers/joists and then totally rebuild the shower again.

Not nice Craig...

But then you're pretty tall so you could prolly stand on the lower floor and take a shower on the top floor anyways.