View Single Post
Old 03-09-2005, 12:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

Garrett - 5 years? That's a relief. The tenants say it has been leaking for no more than a few months. There are a few kids in the family, and they have frequent baths. There is no drain in the middle of the bathroom. When I was present for the pest inspection, one of the kids had just finished having a bath, and there was heaps of water lying on the floor. I wonder how much of the water comes from the shower, and how much is water seepage from the bath overflowing.....

I rang a place today that said they would guarantee their work for 10 years, and all they do is replace the grout on the vertical tiles (NOT vertical smiles, Les!). They then fill gaps in the grout on the floor tiles and put a sealing coat of something over the floor tiles. They do a moisture test before any work, then come back in 6 weeks to verify that all is dry once more. They quote around $440 to do the job.

The only photo I have shows what a mess the bathroom is without any specific damage. A builder mate couldn't actually see where the water was coming from. If the tenants hadn't told us (other than the small water marks on the kitchen ceiling) we wouldn't have known. To be honest, I had pretty much figured in the renovation costs of the bathroom in making my offer, but I can't afford to do it all now.
Attached Images