View Single Post
Old 03-11-2005, 09:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Home built, supercharged 544cu/in automatic
Not Ranked     

YEP , You've got it right. Only thing is those shortened hubs are for the shortened arms that they sell. They most likely won't match the cutdown you did to your arms. Also, those new hub arms may or may not change the stock length of the rack span, I dunno, but could also have longer arms away from the hub. I DUNNO. That would effect the steering radius adversly. The closer in to the hub the more leverage to the hub results in a tighter steering radius. I dunno what's out there. One things for sure though. If your overall balljoint to balljoint lenth is the same as stock plus or minnus say a half inch or so then I would use the stock power steering rack. When you cut down the arms you are in the wonderfull world of custom stuff and everything is up for grabs. That's why it's better to stay with the stock spec stuff I found. I don't know where this is going because your project is not in front of me and you are doing non-stock stuff. Maybe you can peice together something, maybe not. But whatever you do requires past experience in this area. That's why I went to a rod fab car guy that raced sprint cars, that did this type of stuff. He's why I retured to the stock arm stuff more than anything.
Cobrashock