View Single Post
Old 03-16-2005, 03:51 AM
Ouch Ouch Hot Sand
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Street Beasts w/302 Twin Turbocharged....Under Construction!!
Send a message via AIM to EarlsflyinCobra
Not Ranked     

I thought the "dipstick" was a guy that drove one of them thar Jap cars........................

Just kidding, on a serious note I am attaching an incert from a post I did a while back.....

Oil Dip Stick Help????
I am using a 1989 5.0/302 Engine and am converting from the double hump oil pan to the forward sump pan. My oil pan has a place for the dip stick, but so does the block. The one in the block, if used, causes the dip stick to jit the girdle and bind. So, my question is, how do I plug the hole in the block???? I am sure this has been dealt with before by guys converting from double hump to single hump oil pans, so how did they do it???? Thanks in advance for your answers...........Earl

Now, my reason for jumping in here, I pluged the hole in the block with a freeze plug...I am now looking for a dipstick to fit in the pan...according to the Ford dealership there were only a couple of years they could find in their book that used the pan type dipstick (unfortunately I misplaced the piece of paper that I wrote down those years on). So, as soon as I find one that will work how do I make sure it reads correctly??? I was thinking, fill the pan to correct amount then insert stick and check reading, then either shim or trim till it reads correct?? Does this sound right??

Last edited by EarlsflyinCobra; 03-16-2005 at 03:53 AM..