Old 03-28-2005, 03:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, 427
Not Ranked     
Smile

Cal Metal,

I think you are correct. The cost of the 427 engines is out of control and I think the small blcok is a very valid and cost effective way to get into one of these cars--especially our latest lightweight cars where you can get blistering performance by way of weight reduction. F=MA as they say. You can always put in a fire breathing monster at a later date.

Mike,

There is no upcharge for the leafsping suspension right now. There is an upcharge for the original type tubular suspension, forged uprights, and Girling reproduction brakes. The upcharge is considerable ($15,000) as the work involved in making it is quite difficult. We only sell 1 or 2 of the original type suspensions/year so you can see it is quite difficult and expensive for us to make them is such small quantities.

In the past, there have been some misunderstandings that our aluminum suspensions were more expensive and therefore and upcharge over the original type suspensions, but this has never been the case.

We have not worked out a spline drive for the street cars yet. I am sure some day someone will want them and we will have to start making them.

David
"Fear is the thief of dreams."