View Single Post
Old 04-03-2005, 03:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Hi all,

From what I have seen and heard it appears that, yes regulation have changed.

When you ask the question what is the dBA level you are told 90dBA.

However, as Jason - REPTYL - pointed out the level and the regulations at the time were 95dBA. So the day your Cobra was registered is obviously noted.

If you were 95dBA and are today you have no problem. You can only comply with the regulations at the time. An example is if air bags are made compulsory do Cobras or any vehicle need to come off the road and be fitted?

However, I have an understanding that their thinking is....

Quote:

"Down my street it was a 60km/h zone and it is now a 50km/h zone. I bet the Police will not let me off for doing 60km/h when I offer the excuse that it was 60km/h last year.

So this appears to be their thinking on the regulation change.

Off the record there appears to be a thinking that a Cobra or any other car that is checked at 95dBA would have no problem. And these regulations are not back dated. Hopefully this common sense understanding will hit the street where the regulations are enforced.

In fact the question was asked, as to if and why they would check a vehicle thast is audibly quite. Understanding 95dBA is reasonably quite.

The danger is we are seen as modified ICV cars and would have a higher chance of being checked fully.

All other changes from the date of registration, will be noted/photographed and iissued with a fine. So check you registration date requirements and re fit any parts removed etc. Remove any additions also...

I have an hour or so work ahead of me...

Bernie
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026