Old 04-03-2005, 08:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, 427
Not Ranked     
Unhappy Another sad day at Kirkham Motorsports

Gents:

I just received word one of our welders, Luke (a dear friend of mine) just had a terrible automobile accident in Poland. Many of you met his brother Peter here at our open house this January. (Peter is the one who was fixing the car that hit the deer.) Luke was traveling home and somehow hit a tree and crushed his foot and his jaw. He does not remember what happened. He will be operated on tomorrow to rebuild his lower jaw. They removed 8 teeth last night.

He is a very young guy, about 22, who started to work for us when he was only 14 as an apprentice. One day we needed a welder, and without saying anything, he grabbed the torch and never looked back. Today most of our production frames, especially the stainless ones, were welded by him.

To make matters worse, he was accidentally severely burned about a month ago when someone unwittingly handed him a drop light while he was changing the gas tank on his car and the car, with him, went up in flames. He was just released from the hospital a few days ago from that accident. In Poland they have a saying, "Bad luck comes in pairs." Unfortunately, it has proven to be true this time--in more ways than one.

Any thoughts and prayers would be certainly appreciated at this time.

David
"Fear is the thief of dreams."