View Single Post
Old 04-05-2005, 09:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster 427, 446 cu in Iron Eagle stroker, Trick Flow "R" heads, Comp roller, Edelbrock Thunder 800 cfm, Eaton posi, Richmond 3.27, Tremec TKO 600
Not Ranked     
Default Don S... Header flanges

Don... Got the new engine installed today along with the new Tremec 600. Rough going in, but it's there. The shifter lines up perfectly, the second set of bolt holes for the rear crossmember fit perfectly and it looks as though the driveshaft with the new yoke on it will be the right length...Horray...no changes! Oh yes...the March serpentine mounts for the power steering pump clear the steering shaft too... I'm jazzed.
Anyway...Now that the engine was physically mounted I could check on the header situation. They're off about a half an inch foward or to the rear because of the bolt holes being incorrect for the R typed heads, but the height and length of the headers is almost exactly what the stock ones were. Simply welding a stock set of pipes ( without the rectangular ports) directly to the new header flanges will produce a perfect set of headers! Good news... The only problem is that even though the guy I ordered the flanges from has promised them for over three weeks they're still not here... If I don't have them tomorrow I'm going to another source. In any case I'll be sending these up to you within 3 days. Any idea on time for welding the pipes onto them and turning them around?
Thanks again for all the help!
Regards,
Bill