View Single Post
Old 04-14-2005, 02:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 SC, Southern Automotive 427W Stroker
Not Ranked     
Default Hang Gliding Resort-Lookout Mnt.

I just got back from the Sun N Fun air show in Lakeland where I met with the guys from the world famous Lookout Mountain Hangliding Resort. I was particularly captivated by the SkyCycle motorized hang glider and got to talking to the folks. Their facility is located up in Rising Fawn, GA in the northwest corner of the state (a piece above Rome). They provide guest rides in their dual seat powered kites as well as tandem hang glider rides where they pull the tandem kite behind a powered kite and release at altitude. They told me they have a serious party there every Saturday night. I thought it might be a hoot to make it an early Sat. morning cruise up there and spend the day making Six Flags look like a field trip to the nursing home. Any of you hosers interested in such an adventure? Personally, I've never cruised around at 3,000 ft. in a go kart suspended beneath a kite. I'm sure we would get special attention if we came in a formation of sexy little hot rods. I told them I would give them some advance warning if there was any interest in the community.