View Single Post
Old 04-23-2005, 05:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Size 10 Feet
Not Ranked     

If this is going to be a dual-use car, I'd set the front and rear camber at their most negative street limits or even up to 3/4 degree past. The track use combined with street will (hopefully) average out the tire wear.

If you like to spend money you can have the car's corner weights checked. Personally, I would find a flat parking lot and do circles in both directions to check the car's understeer/oversteer balance (use some weight in the passenger's seat). If it's pretty close, you can do some adjusting at the rear anti-sway bar link lengths.. If there's a big difference that can't be adjusted out with the links, you can change the left/right spring preload.
While you're at it, adjust the bar link position for your preferred understeer, but don't forget that tire pressures are also a big factor.

Dampers: For the track, increase all the damper settings by a couple of clicks. There's a section in the manual about how the damper settings effect the transitions of entering/exiting a turn which should help.