Thread: Xxx 2
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2005, 03:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival. 6 litre Chev
Not Ranked     

Boxhead, Mando,

yes went for textralia, it comes with flywheel, slave cylinder,clutch plate and pressure plate plus ARP bolts for flywheel and clutch.Not cheap at $1600 but thats less than I paid CAPA for the SPEC unit and I get a lot more bits with textralia.

There is a fair bit of info on the Australian LSI site about the textralia and all seems positive.

Comes with three month money back guarantee.

Guys at CAPA didn't want to help at all. No more bussiness for them.
Mando,
The Front Brakes will be Corvete rotors 330mm X28 and rears are also 330 X28. The rears are same disc as FPV upgrade so just slide on. Calipers will be Brembo cause there Red and the price was right due to bulk buying by the Race Brakes guy.AP calipers may get a lookin in as they have external plumbing where as the Brembos are internally plumbed .All up price fitted is about $5K. Could take a while to save for that lot.

The Wilwoods I have on the front seem to do a good job but are tecnically illegal as they dont have dust seals. Also not happy with mounting which is a piece of 5mm plate that flexes too much causing the pads to wear at a taper ,which is understandable.

Phil