View Single Post
Old 04-28-2005, 02:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Motorcars 289 FIA
Not Ranked     

I couldn't agree with you more, Mr427. Too many perfectly good 67-68 fastbacks are now being turned into Eleanors, and it's even beginning to spill over to '65-66's with the new "E2" kits that are available. And of course I've seen just about every other year of Mustang done up in Eleanor garb as well, and I think they are all lame. Well, I haven't seen a '74-78 Mustang done like that yet, but it probably won't be long (maybe it will have giant ELEANOR II stickers along the rocker panels).

As your post already can attest to, the younger generation is getting a skewed perception of what a truly elusive and special Mustang or Shelby is. I can't wait for the day when kids start coming into car shows, asking the owners or original '67 Shelbys: "Is that a REAL Eleanor??"

In my opinion there are "cool" Hollywood cars to emulate, and then the "not cool" ones. Eleanor falls into the same category as KITT from Knight Rider - and I wouldn't want to be seen pulling into a cruise night in KITT.

The people who are spending money converting their fastbacks into Eleanors should make them "Bullitt" replicas instead. THAT'S a timeless Hollywood car that will always be cool.

Last edited by Russ Dickey; 04-28-2005 at 03:01 PM..