View Single Post
Old 05-10-2005, 09:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR Car # 186 & Keith Craft Aluminum 427 Windsor
Not Ranked     

Count me in as one who typically doesn’t get in on someone else’s pissing match, but…..

I purchased a BDR as well from Boudy at Victory. Boudy offered “Keith Craft” engines as part of his turn key packages. While researching the build, I found that the KC engines he was offering only had a few, so called, “Keith Craft components” and were really not Keith Craft engines. Once I talked to Keith and Tony at Keith Craft Racing, I realized we were talking about two completely different animals.

I think everyone here knows the difference between building an engine and assembling an engine. Having Rob in Plano assemble a few of Boudy’s parts is quite different then having Keith Craft Racing build you an engine.

I asked a lot of questions and talked to several KC customers and never found anyone who was dissatisfied.

As in every case I have had a few bugs; a failed MSD box and a throw out bearing - which they replaced without any problems at all. They are always super busy but worked me in and took care of the problem quickly.

Cobras are not cheap toys regardless of the manufacture you bought or the engine you chose. Understandably, with the time and money involved, emotions run high when things go bump.

I’m not pretending to know the details here; just that I chose a different route and have only had a great experience with the team at Keith Craft Racing and Keith Craft Motorsports. .

Rod