View Single Post
Old 05-06-2001, 03:35 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Tongue Pirate;

I am not sure on that one. Looked for an old can but can't find one for the ingredients. The main chemical is tulene (not sure if the spelling is correct).

More should give more octane and less less. Scroll up a few post and go to the site 750 has listed and it gives formulas for tulene and other octane additives. You could experiment with the amounts,for my car I just add a gallon to a tank of gas (16 gal.) and let it go. Never really sat down to figure the octane of the spiked gas,but I do feel it helps when I'm at the drag strip,especially when the car gets hot. Sometimes sitting in the staging lanes or if there is a problem you end up sitting idling there for a while. When my engines get 200 or better on the water temp,I can hear a slight "knock" at low rpms,the lacquer thinner spiked gas eliminates that alltogether,that's pretty much why I use it for racing.

If you have any local racers around or a race track nearby,you may bring a sample and ask them to test it for you and then you would know the formula needed for the gas you use.

David