View Single Post
Old 05-06-2001, 07:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique FIA
Not Ranked     
Cool

Ok guys,
It seems our little group is up for some experimenting. We have a rare opportunity to compile some real world results. This is great!. I propose that everyone posts the additive used, what brand it is, where you got it, how much you used, to what brand and octane gas it is mixed, compression and general profile of your engine, how much more timing you can advance ( please use total advance figures to supply more useful info) , how it effects the running temp, performance gain realized, adverse effects. and general comments. I'm probably missing some indicators, So don't be bashful about helping us out!
I will start:
ADDITIVE USED: automotive acrylic lacquer thinner- "wash grade"-this is the general purpose type. BRAND:Tasco
SUPPLIER: Tasco Autobody Supply, Houston Tx
AMOUNT ADDED: 1 gal to 15 gal 89 octane Shell unleaded.
ENGINE SPECS: bone stock 1968 Dodge 318 2 barrel. 230 hp, 9.2:1 advertised compression.
TIMING CHANGES:I indexed the distributor with a permanent pointer, and pen mark on the dist. housing. I was able to advance it a little, but not much. I will supply the actual timing figures tomorrow.
RUNNING TEMP: seems to be uneffected.
PERFORMANCE GAIN:Seems to accelerate a little better
ADVERSE EFFECTS: None so far.
GENERAL COMMENTS: Seems like little to no advantage. keep in mind this is not a high compression, high performance engine, so I din't know if even racing gas coupled with timing changes would make any difference. I will try it in my 427 s.o. Stay tuned.
CAUTION!!!!!- don't spill these additives on your paint. Damage could result!!!.((
Steve R