Old 05-24-2005, 02:46 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing BDR144
Not Ranked     

BDRCobra,
Thanks on the congrats.

Re: License Plate Modification
I removed the light and bracket from the trunk and elongated the 2 holes in the fiberglass, so the whole assembly mounts higher. I bent the bracket a little more and re-drilled the plate holes, so it would make the plate set higher too. I also used a smaller license plate frame that hugs the bottom edge of the license plate itself. There is a larger plate frame that sets well below the lip of the plate, If you have one, you will know what I mean, it won't work. I then used a dremel tool to grind away some frame material to form an arch shape to rest on the trunk handle bezel. I didn't have to grind the license plate itself, just the frame. If you don't use a plate frame, the plate will fit as is. I used a stainless steel security license plate bolt kit from the autoparts store and mounted them from behind, cut them down a bit and put the nylock nuts on the outside. You will notice that there is very little clearance between the bolt heads and trunk surface, mount the plate before attaching the whole assembly to trunk. Very close clearance between handle and plate, so watch your fingers when opening and closing your trunk.

Last edited by Secret Squirrel; 05-24-2005 at 04:56 PM..