Thread: Big Block Help
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2005, 03:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

robermj1 Rob First off do you have a spark tester to check the spark? That MSD system WILL KILL YOU if you are not careful. I was smart once to and it shocked my dumb A$$ over the car. I could taste it for the next 2 days. Anyway Pull both valve cover and crank the motor Make sure that all the valve are opening the same height. What is a 466, 460,30 over or a FE 427 with a stroker kit? Firing order is OK. Put a vaccum gauge on the motor and find out what the vaccum reading is and if it is steady. Swap the spark plugs with 3 cylinders that are firing and see if there is any change in the missfires. Do you have blue or black smoke coming from the tail pipes? The carb floats could be too high causing causing gas to dump into the motor. When you get above 2000 rpm the motor cat catchup and burn the extra fuel. Check your float levels and your fuel pressure to the carb. Are the plug all black and carboned out? Start with this. Give me a call after you have tryed this. tomorrow is OK the weekend is out till tuesday. after 8:00 pm est Rick Lake 732-254-3536