Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     
Default Re: CSX1000 vs CSX4000

Quote:
Originally posted by Cobrafan1

Was wondering what the differences are if any between the CSX1000 vs CSX4000 cars.
I have gone over a CSX1000 car with a "fine tooth comb". (..or at least, a vernier caliper)

It is nicely done. Honestly, with the AC moniker, one (me) has a tendency to look more for the negatives rather than the positives... but there are not many.

The body is good. Although it is subjective, I think they missed nailing the curves on the rear fenders a bit; also the rear flares seem understated.

To their credit, they have captured the trunk sheet metal accurately... including shape details in two areas that are not done correctly on either the Kirkham or the Shelby.

Conversely, they have modified the panel under the firewall to one that is not authentic.

Body differences (stamped vs. hand-rolled) are moot...both need to be sanded and paint conceals all.

The Kirkham symmetry thing is overstated...there are symmetric inconsistancies in both bodies.

A glaring issue on the CSX1000 car is the glossy black painted frame.

Finally, realize that the CSX1000 cars are fully outfitted in Las Vegas...from the corners on up.

I do have some detail pics if there is an area you'd like to see.