View Single Post
Old 05-27-2005, 01:30 AM
Administrator
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP286, Shelby 482, Webers, 593HP
Send a message via Yahoo to Brent Mills
Not Ranked     

You don't question the quality of KMS or Shelby, yet you call them out with regards to your first post and your "concern" for the members....Seemed like good generic advice not specific to any manufacturer if you ask me, but then again, it doesn't seem you care about the members as much as you care about serving your agenda. I don't care if people have negative things to say about KMS or Shelby or any other manufacturer (no car is perfect; even the originals), but when it is so clear that you are manipulating the group, it just irks me.

Driver error, yes...I was driving in the rain on oil which if I had known before hand, I wouldn't have made that "error" if you cared to read....Maybe you can teach me how to drive without error on water and oil sometime. After the wreck (not just a little spinout), I drove another ~2000 miles on the imperfect platform.

I don't need references for you, and quite frankly, you may be the greatest guy in the world, but you sure don't come off that way....It is very apparent that you're here to serve your own interests, which by itself is quite ok (every manufacturer who frequents this site is here to serve their own interests to some degree), but I find your approach an insult to my intelligence and to the other members here. As an example, had you spoken generically about the importance of top shelf parts/bolts/components, well, the group and me would be happy to discuss, share insights, and generally drive ourselves to safer cars....Instead, your approach is obviously all about getting in your licks and we're all too stupid to see it. If I'm all wrong and this is really a KMS/Shelby ONLY issue, I'll retract my statements. If it really is your love for the people here, just edit your post so everyone can get some benefit from it (instead of just the imperfect Shelby and KMS platforms), as I think it's definately a good topic for the group as a whole to consider.

Again, great advice, and thanks for the input, but please assume we're smarter than you've given us credit for to this point.