View Single Post
Old 05-27-2005, 08:24 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A CSX Cobra,1966 GT350 and an '06 Ford Heritage GT
Not Ranked     

It is obvious to anybody who has ever had even a passing interest in engineering that the hardware is matched to the application! As has been stated so eloquently before, having G8 at every point is not neccessarily a good thing, have G5 at every point is not either. The proper process would be to put G8 where G8 belongs and G5 where G5 belongs. If Jerry is so concerned, I am SURE that he supplied AN bolts at EVERY point in EVERY car his substantial reputation has been built upon. Knowing this as gospel I am also ABSOLUTELY positive that NO car he has every graced with his touch has EVER had a failure of this type. I have been AMAZED at the number of hits this site has taken about Cobra's breaking bolts and bursting into fireballs with intensities rivaling the Texas sun in August.
As I am SOOOOO concerned with all of the Kirkham owner's safety, I will, ABSOLUTELY FREE OF CHARGE, agree to stress test each and every nut, bolt and fastener on EVERY SINGLE car they have built here at my home in Texas! But WAIT....there's MORE! To illustrate my concerned citizenship for my fellow man, I INSIST that I be allowed to test every KMP BEFORE it is delivered to the customer so I can insure the safety of the owner! And if I DONT get to test all of them, i'll SUE! And Brent, since yours is OBVIOUSLY an accident waitng to happen, I already dispatched a recovery truck to tow it down here to test FIRST.
Now, I can handle all the KMP's....who will take the orig CSX's? ERA's? Contemporary?FFR?Everett-Morrison?Superformance?
Guys, there are TOO many loose bolts in this place nowadays!

ps: If ANYBODY can't sleep at night for fear of their KMP....CALL ME!

Last edited by 427sharpe; 05-27-2005 at 08:33 AM..