View Single Post
Old 05-29-2005, 09:45 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     
Default Looking at ideas for WSCB 2006

While its still fresh in the mind, I'm looking closely at all the great feedback about WSCB from Charter Member attendees, making pages of notes to be used for WSCB 2006. The WSCB helper crew also forwarded much of your verbal feedback too. We made a list and met on it this week to close out the event. Here are the "Top-5" most suggested topics from attendees if you are interested -

Top-5
1) Keep it as-is: A fun, open, and low-key gathering like 1st year
2) More track time on a separate day. Driver school & lic. group
3) Combine dinner/hospitality suite/bar together; A bit earlier.
4) Add a group lunch or park lunch to the Saturday Drive
5) Keep it at the same location, if possible (as TBD)

Lastly, as some of you may be aware, putting something like this together and covereing all the costs and contractual room-occupancy terms and obligations was a bit of a risk on my part. The goal was to keep it non-commercialized, with no sponsors helping to pay for it, and we did it with no sponsors. To do this, I took the risk and liability personally to get it started, and fortunately the weather and all of you came through and actually showed up even with a little rain driving there Wednesday/Thursday; Wheeeeewwwww. Gulp. Thank You for that. I was sweating it Wednesday in pouring down Rain, and we got lucky with clear skies on Friday, Saturday, Sunday!

Results:
After tallying up the kitty results, and looking at the feedback and who wants what for next year at the same location, the update is we won't be able to do the registration near as cheap as we did the first year. Many of you were correct, registration was way too cheap. We are still selling some remaining hats, posters, and shirts to help pick up some more of the slack. They are almost gone now. For 2006, we are working on a plan for early registration with an unavoildable increase currently under evaluation. We may have to end up bundling the banquet dinner type costs into the hotel registration or something. We may do a special early registration for Charter members, before Dec 31st, and regular registration from Jan1 to April 15th. The best payback we believe we can do for Charter Members is going to be to offer a special embroidered Charter Member shirt before the event, at cost; per individual request. These will potentially be very similar to the shirts the WSCB Crew had on, but light blue Demin long sleeve as selected by the first member and registered attendee (we let him pick). These will only be for sale to first year registered attendees as a special thank you for attending the 1st year, and for helping to make it such a success.

Thanks Again. Planning for next year is already in progress...