View Single Post
Old 05-31-2005, 07:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

jdog,

Actually, if I remember correctly, that Supra is actually in the Silicon Valley area in NoCal. Not so far from you. Maybe when your motor is done, you can hunt him down and show us the video.

Fred,

My sentiments exactly. There are lots of ways to go fast. And "go fast" means alot of different things to different people. F1 engines with crazy-dizzy RPM's, massive bore & stroke of dragsters, small block v-8s of oval track stock cars, small motors with big boost, and then there's endurance racing . . . big cubes is just one method of getting there. However, to my mind, the difference is in the dollars. I see rich kids whose dentist/executive daddies buy them Acuras, Infinitis, Supras, and the money to sink into customizing them, and they spend sick, sick amounts of money to make them into 10 second 1/4 mile cars. And they can. On the other hand, I met a young mechanic who scraped together enough money to buy a worn out El Camino with a 454, spent six months taking the motor apart and fixing her up, and that old rust bucket with with drag slicks just destroyes the local decal-graphics-ground-effects-laden supercharged four and six cylinder cars. Even some with Nitrous. And that kid probably spent less than 1/4 on his car than those others. Granted, the other guys' rides draw all the looks, but it warmed my heart to know the blue-collar do it yourselfer smoked the silver spoon imports.

Cobrabill,
What were you driving before the Cobra that got wasted by the 240z?

MT