Old 06-07-2005, 06:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 289 Leaf Spring - On Hold
Not Ranked     
Default Re: Good stuff

Quote:
Originally posted by mickmate

Nice work Mark. Do you have a real one someone lent you to dismantle and measure at your leisure? I see the front lower control arm is a little longer than the 427 (10.157") with a shorter space between frame rails obviously that finishes up with a similar track. The wheel widths and offsets were a big factor in muscling out to the 427 body. I have a couple of notes I took from CSX 2276 I'll have to dig up for you. Keep it up!
Thank-you for the kind words.

I bought a set of drawings from a gentleman a while back. I guess the story is they were taken from an original car back in the seventies. I needed to re-draw them in CAD and figure out a lot of the dimensions. There have been a couple of good friends I have met online who were interested in them and we have shared information, parts sourcing, stories and fabrication help along the way. I could not have gotten this far without them. I am forever grateful for their support and help.

I would be very happy to see what notes you have on CSX2276!

If anyone is interested in fabricating a leaf spring chassis, I would be more than happy to help.

--Mark