Thread: Ignore (EOM)
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2005, 12:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

It was amazing to me just how low the area west of the mountains really is. It seems to be almost flat.

So what will happen (I am guessing) is it just fill up with water and the caostline will move east several hundred miles, or so.

I just hope for the sake of the people downstream from Hoover that the Dam does not fail in the process. Although the water level is way down, Lake Mead is a very large body of water. It would take weeks to drain. Even in the event of a dam failure. Isn't the water about 600 -800 feet deep at the dam, when full?

How far down is the water level, 50 - 60 feet?

If I lived only a few miles from there like you do, I'd get me a boat just for survival sake.

I don't think (?) that most Californians believe it will not eventually happen. I think they just want to hope it won't happen in their perspective lifetime. My grandparents on my mons side lived in Modesto and Bakersfielsduntil they all died off. They always said it would not happen in their lifetime. I guess they were right.

If you get caught in an earthquke and need some help Ron, You contact me. I'll come out and help you! seriously.