View Single Post
Old 07-11-2005, 09:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4761, KCR Shelby Alloy 496,760hp
Send a message via AIM to misfit41
Not Ranked     

I have an older Shell valley and cant say it is a bad car but if I were buying new I would make other choices.
Shell has a decent car body wise but the lines are not all that correct and it is next to impossible to get the correct stance and track width,even if you do the mustang II front end will handle only fair.
I'll give you my opinion from a guy who owns both a shell and a shelby. If you have decided your willing to give up the time and effort to build your own car there are better ways to go.
The shell requires a lot of junk yard or home made parts to be built,the entire suspension is a compromise between driving decent and not having the rear end hiked in the air or the tires sticking from under the wheel lip,that said the people at Shell are great to work with .
If I were gonna build a non donor factory is IMHO the most accurate considering a non stressed body and round tube frame which uses modern suspension technology. Another opinion that will be unpopular here is a well prepared non donor FFR is maybe the fastest and best handling cobra made,my CSX included..
just my opinion,,Tim

"this whole Adult thing just isnt working for me "