View Single Post
Old 07-12-2005, 01:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 148 with 427 SO
Not Ranked     

Michael:

Yeah, peoria was quite a place in the past. It is making a comeback now again. Property prices on brookside are climbing. Can you believe 180-200K for those houses down there? I grew up next to Zink park on 31st right off of peoria and my dad sold his house ..got over 600K and it was about 2/3rds of an acre. They tore down the house, they just wanted the land. Just going nuts there.

Camalot in is FULL of asbestos..that is why it is still standing. No one wants to pay to have the thing taken down the proper way, would cost more than the property is worth. So it has turned into the biggest eye sore on the planet. Penningtons moved to 81st and Lewis and then went under. Danged if I can't taste a slice of that black bottom pie right now! The restless ribbon. I remember going down there in the 60s with the folks who went down there just to "watch the hiipies" and their chevy vans all painted with murals and everything. Cars jacked up to the moon. Bell bottoms. One time, I was about 9 or 10...wandered into Zink park and found myself right in the middle of an orgy...no kidding. I just sat and watched! Dad did not have to tell me NOTHING about the birds and the bees after that.

LOL....yeah, those were the good ole days! Now I am back in town, live 81st and harvard...right up the hill from God's place (or Oral Roberts Univ to some). The town sure has changed in some ways and other ways, nothing changes.

Sorry for my digression and of topic comments, just walked through yesterday a little.

Buzz

Last edited by Buzzmobile; 07-12-2005 at 01:30 PM..