View Single Post
Old 07-18-2005, 10:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427 brushed aluminum with Keith Craft 527C.I. all aluminum FE
Not Ranked     

Michael the problem with the Blue Thunder head on the exhaust is that it is raised about .500 above stock. I had thought about using them on my Kirkham but after talking to Rob at the other store he said the headers from Kirkham were real close as it was. He told me with the header being raised he did not think that they would ever fit. If a guy is doing his own custom header I do not see a problem. We have a nice CNC program on these heads that flow great up to .600 lift which would work great for most street strip applications.
The TWm engine that we did was 510C.I. and was a customers engine that he had some problems with from somewhere else. He had Edelbrock heads that someone called them selves porting. We did Stage 3 porting on the heads and fixed the valve job along with a few other things the engine needed. The camshaft was a solid rollerthat he had and seemed to work pretty good since it was a large engine. The engine was still about 10.5 to1 compression and it ended up working real well, better than my expectations. I believe the camshaft will need to be designed aroung the cubic inches, head flow, compression and use of the engine. Thanks and good luck, Keith Craft