Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 428 FE 4-speed CR "TL" heavy spline
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by Turk

Oh yes we did!
We are not THAT connected!!!

I for one wouldn't want to have missed the experience of getting in line with common men and women and remembering where we came from.

I am pretty sure no one can reserve any of those numbers. However DMV will use as many as they need during the previous year to correct some errors and make some cars legal for one reason or another.

Now why, they don't make some administrative provisions to correct past mistakes without tapping into (already not enough) SB-100s, I am not sure.
Theoretically they could go through all 500 numbers themselves!!

TURK

Go to SMOGRFG for some interesting insight into the titling issue relating to Cobra's and other replica cars. An overview of the Titles Unlimited fiasco is included - apparently the Titles guy is spending a year in jail - perhaps he is out by now. Anyway, apparently 150 Cobras in CAL are involved in the Titles Unlimited deal and some huge fines have been assessed. Of those 150, my Cobra is one, so either I'm totally screwed or, more than likely - an innocent buyer from out of state. Re-titling in CAL will be a long strange trip.

By the way, I had no knowledge that anything was "happening" in CAL when I purchased the car - just in case someone from the DMV monitors this site.

Last edited by cobra de capell; 07-21-2005 at 09:35 AM..