View Single Post
Old 02-25-2006, 01:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #375 427 S/C - 428FE - Toploader - 1968 AMX 390 Go Pack 4 Speed - My Daily Driver is a 2004 Crossfire
Send a message via AIM to REDSC400
Not Ranked     

Hi Rich,
The build sounds like you have it under control, good job! Tony did my car back in 92. The paint still looks perfect and folks cannot get over it when they hear the paint job is 14 years young. He does good prep work, and that is what counts.

The engine sounds good. I have not heard of that engine shop in New Haven but then again there are so many around, so that is not big news. And it is always good to hear of a new shop. I too have the toploader and it is a nice choice. I have the 3.31 rear end which makes the Toploader usefull in all gears. You can get up to near 60 in first if you wind the piss out of the engine and 4th gets you at about 2400 RPM cruising.

Which heads are on the engine? I am running the Comp Cams 33-230-4 in my 428 and it works well.

For sure you have to have the goal of the Lime Rock Vintage Fall Festival. If you ever need a hand, please let me know as I am down in Stratford and pass by Meriden pretty much daily enroute to and from work. Keep in touch and perhaps you can make it to some of the cruises that we frequent. There are about 5 of us here in So. Conn who actually "gasp" drive our cars and we take long rides on nice days. You will always be welcome to join us. Hee Hee, (with you joining) that would make 3 ERAs, 1 Superformance, and two Factory 5's.

Check out my gallery as there are some pic's of the 5 Cobras on Jan. 1st 2005.

A car can massage organs which no masseur can reach. It is the one remedy for the disorders of the great sympathetic nervous system. Jean Cocteau 1889-1963, French Author, Filmmaker