View Single Post
Old 03-01-2006, 09:32 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: TBD
Not Ranked     

Hello de Capell,

I have not driven a Corvette since my 1963 Split window Coupe (327/300 4-speed) so driving impressions are difficult for me to speak to. I believe the new corvette and the Daytona replica represent two very different points of view.

My FFR is equipped with a 530 HP/560 ft. lb. 418 cu. in. engine, fuel injected with a modern TEC3 ignition/fuel computer. This gives the performance envelope for the engine very smooth feel and acceleration. What the Daytona does not have is any kind of traction/brake control systems, this gives the driver all of the responsibility for lock up from start, feeling the point of traction loss in turns and maintaining the apex point on high speed tracks, in other words mixing modern engine controls with ancient driving techniques. Driving the Daytona on the road is the experience of a GT cruiser; I have not taken this car on the track but, have spent a great deal of time at High speed driving event. I'm sure this would be a great car on the track but, that is up to the next owner to explore.

The interior of the Daytona is Spartan by comparison to the 2006 vette, even though I have built into this car complete heat, sound and weather proofing this is not a production vehicle as compared to the Vette. The 17" wheels with Z rated tires give the Daytona good traction for all types of driving.

As in all things the value of a vehicle is determined by what the buyer and seller agree on, I am open to offers on my Daytona Coupe but, this is the very top end of what can be done with a FFR kit.

Thanks for asking,

Tony R.