View Single Post
Old 03-03-2006, 07:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C,351W
Not Ranked     

Funny thing for me I guess. I had more problems with the driver door. Lining it up was not so bad but spacing the strike plate off the fender was a pain. It took 5 washers on the bottom to get it there. As you add more to the bottom it raises the striker and no longer fits into the door plate. I have got pretty good at slotting the holes in the brackets now. Little extra adjustment never hurts. Buy time I got to the passenger door I just got out the die grinder and reslotted the cowl hoop so I could get the bottom of the door out where it needed to be. I still do not have the kind of even gaps in my door seems that I would on a metal car. Joe from A&C reminded me that these bodys are hand laid.

I have noticed that I keep needing longer bolts than are called for. I never thought about the fact that the bodies are just plain thicker than needed. To be honest though the biggest reason I went with the A&C from the start was the fiberglass body.

As far as Watkins goes its sort of a weird thing. I have lived 15 miles away from the place for over 25 years and people that live 100s to 1000s of miles away see the town more often than me. I have all sorts of shortcuts around the place to avoid the traffic and conjestion.

Aaron