View Single Post
Old 03-05-2006, 03:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Tool for tightening trigo drive pins

I recently took my brake rotors off to have them turned and had fits trying to remove the drive pins. I had already removed the calipers and couldn't figure out how to keep the rotor from turning. It was suggested to jamb a screw driver or bar into the vents in the rotor to lock it....or to clamp a board to the rotor with a C-clamp to prevent it from spinning. I opted for the C-clamp and board method which worked great....but just seemd to be lacking a cool "tech" factor.

I dropped the rotors off to be turned and didn't expect to get them back for a week or so. In the meantime, I decided to make a tool to hold the rotor. When I got the rotors back...I was excited to try my new toy. It worked like a charm!! Here's what I came up with......

I machined the end of an aluminum bar to fit over a pin and nestle-up against the side of the knock-off adaptor on my SPF. I think the photos pretty much explain how it works. I was so tickled, I showed my wife. As I exhuberantly demonstrated it for her, I explained how happy she must be to have married the "smartest man in the world". She just rolled here eyes and mumbled something about how she "married the biggest dork in the world" DOH!

So, here I am, trying to redeem myself. Is this thing cool or what???

Last edited by rob frink; 03-05-2006 at 03:52 PM..