View Single Post
Old 03-28-2006, 10:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hello everyone,

I'm a new member and I just purchased a fire damaged older AC Cobra car.

I need some body parts or a new body.

I looked at this web site and started reading about all the different car buildersand I needed to know who's car this was? I do like the looks of this body.

I took this one over to Gordon Levy in Phoenix Arizona to see if he could tell me who made this car? He told me that it is a Arntz car and by the VIN numbers it is an older car. He said that it is the 427 body on this car. With the MG frame and body molded together. It is a left hand steering. It has a frame ID tag on the firewall on the passengerside that states it was "Made in England" by MG with the VIN numbers starting with 67. Below that it has "ENG SIZE - 289 V-8". The title showed it had 71,000 miles on it.

I saw the exhaust on this car and I liked the looks of it because it is different. It is not cut into the body and out the side of the car. It has twin side pipe exhaust on each side under the body. Not like the 427 cars. It has the Headers like the 427's going into the side pipes, but these go under the car not on the out side of the car.

In the Carrol Shelby book they show a couple of cars in England racing that have this same style of exhaust on them.

I'm just getting started on this car and I need to find a lot of parts for sure.

Let me know what's out there and avaible please.

Thanks,

Gary