Thread: Build Sequence
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2006, 11:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival kit. LS1 motor. T56 Tremec 6 speed. 17" replica Halibrand wheels.
Not Ranked     

Tenrocca

1/ Ring the engineer to see if he really is interested to see it at any stage, my engineer came out when it was at billy cart stage but really said he only wanted to see it when it was built to a stage I could send it to reg. (NSW may be different?)

2/I am not really to sure which is the best method but I think it has to suit what you are really wanting to get out of building your cobra. I had a chat with Aussie Mike today about some build stuff and I said how I now missed the fact that it was complete and I really only had the enjoyment of driving it. Dont get me wrong I still get a woody everytime I drive it but I really do miss waking up on the weekend with too many jobs to do on the cobra build.

The issue as to how your approach the sequence of things certainly has a lot to do with how much you have to spend on it as you go. Lets face it if you received a box with every part in it you would have the body prep'd in one weekend. And I think if you think of it that way it gives you some idea about painting the body before you have all your bits.

I like Philm's approach on the way he has built his because I am quite sure when he does paint it the body will have certainly stabilised/cured and all the holes etc. will be finalised because he & (Karen) will be happy with the way they have owned & driven it for quite sometime. Phil keeps apologising for the way it looks unpainted but I really think when he does paint it, it will be worth their wait and even more enjoyable for them when they see the result.

I suspect budget is the main influence related to question 2, but dont I was happy with the way my sequence was (as you mention earlier) and I really have not damaged the paint work later due to further parts being fitted or modified.

Sorry long story with small ending

Cheers Leeroy