View Single Post
Old 04-02-2006, 06:31 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

Ken,
When I was at Tom's yesterday, I showed him where to cut/radius at the back of the hood. Also, he can trim a bit off the bottom plate on the air cleaner and cut holes at the float boal screws as Bob has suggested above will work. My thought is to not cut anything on the hood until after the motor is mounted first with the carb and all on there again, so you can see exactly where to trim on the hood and how far to cut the aircleaner base.

Checked your 351 sidepipes too while I was there. My FE pipes are expanded out at the ends to fit over the header downtubes. I noticed yours were not expanded. You may need to take a look at it more closely with Tom and maybe consider building a new set of sidepipes, with those new mufflers, and sell your old ones in tact as a complete set rather than tearing them apart and trying to stretch the ends. When you get the new header pipes, you'll see the need for the expanded ends; or stop by and I'll show you mine. D