View Single Post
Old 04-10-2006, 10:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default excalibur-m123027

my dad bought this car in the early spring of 1995 and it is titled as a 1994 car. he bought it a ford dealership in quincy il. as i recall he was told that the car had been ordered thru the dealership by someone and a deposit was put down of 10,000. when the car arrived the man who had ordered it couldnot take delivery for some reason. my dad traded a new ford ranger and another ten grand for the car .(a total of $32,000). my dad died in jan of 1997. and the car went to my brother who still has it.he lives in Minier, illinois and i live in Bloomington just 25 miles away so i get to see and play with the car often.
i dont have any pics of the car that i can upload at this time but i will get some soon. ( just got a new cam). the car is guards red with white strips, black leather interior, has a soft top that has only been on the car 4x, chrome side pipes, bumpers, roll bar and mirriors. am/fm cassette player , classic guages, kelsy/hayes wheels(no heater though) i think the car has about 3000 miles on it at this time. it is a 5.0 F.I. engine , standard transmission. i dont think i've left anything out. my brother and i ar both car nutz and we have other muscle cars but we both agree that this one is the most fun to drive and play with. no high maintence , no break downs and a whole lot of fun! we have wondered about the excaliburs, cause we've never seen another one. we have looked at a lot of other "KIT CARS', an none of them compare to the excalibur as far as quality of the build and the lines and the stance of the car is above many of the othe cobras out there. there is a guy here in town that has an original ford cobra that his dad bought new in '6 4 and it is in top shape but is not as nice as the excalibur. i hope this helps in your quest for a registry and we would be interested in the outcome. thanx for being here.