View Single Post
Old 04-15-2006, 07:02 AM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing
Not Ranked     

Don did a very nice writeup. Everything he states is current. Weathersfield is the only inspection station for this. You will have 30 days to return for no-fee re-inspection if you do fail.

When you arrive you must go to the cashier and pay for the inspection. Once you pass inspection you must go inside again and wait in line to pay the cashier for the VIN fee. Expect the entire process to take a minimum of 3 hours while you are there, I have experienced 6 hour times as well.

One thing not in the above is that they will have you drive over an alignment meter (toe in or toe out) as the first step of the inspection.

I have heard that recent inspections have included the use of a dB meter though we have not experienced this firsthand in our last 3 inspections. There are ways to quiet things down and you should use them to avoid the additional scrutiny.

The staff that does the inspection has been reduced and moved to other stations. I am not positive who the current lineup is but go in there with a smile and keep smiling. They have a thankless job in a bad work environment.