View Single Post
Old 04-16-2006, 06:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427
Not Ranked     

Well my experience so far was when I went with the other Unique owner about 1 month ago they failed him for sound. Granted it was loud but a DB meter was not present. A week later he went down again, this time he had the traps put on and felt that it was "night and day". A different inspector showed up and said "failed". showed him on the DB meter of I beleive it was 83 DB (if im not mistaken it's 80 DBa max). So convinced was he that he went out and purchased a high end DB meter and he came up w/ 68DBa. Come to find out the meter has 2 settings and the 2nd setting came in at 83 which I beleive is not to be used in testing vehicles. So he printed the results out and brought them w/ him, but this time another inspector was present and once started didnt even bother pulling out his meter because he new the sound was considerbly lower, hence "passed". And as for bikes goes, I questioned the inspector on this and he stated " once inspected the owners most likely will but on there straight pipes", also I beleive the DBa for bikes are 90. Not sure about distance measured to the pipes but I will base line mine before and after outside and print out the results. Thanks god I bought a trailer, sure takes a lot of pressure off of me in case I fail. THINK POSITIVE i keep reminding myself......

-Mike