View Single Post
Old 04-18-2006, 09:43 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster 351W, T5, Red & White
Not Ranked     

Paul, to the best of my knowledge, any type of Kit or assembled car, home or professional built, which includes the SPF etc., the same Composite rules will apply that are mentioned in this Thread.

If there were any unfortunate cicumstances, having a vehicle garaged in one state and registered in another could present challenges, from a property tax ,insurance and emissions point of view, especially if there is a traffic stop with an out of state registration.

What I am not sure of: Can the out of state registration and plates, prior to transfer of title/registration, be used to drive the Composite to Wethersfield for the CT inspection rather than having to bring on a trailer? If the GT40 is registered in CT, the name of the GT40 on the registration and title will be Composite and the year will be the year first registered in CT

Having received different answers to other questions via phone and e-mail, you might want to consider going to Wethersfield and discussing with an informed senior official if you do decide to register in CT. While the standard DMV information desk is helpful for the normal questions, this question, using out of state plates/registration for the inspection, might require an informed ruling. If it is a go, suggest you know the DMV officials name and title, should the Inspectors ask any questions

Last edited by Don; 04-18-2006 at 10:58 AM..