Thread: Banner Ads
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2006, 01:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Motorcars 289 FIA
Not Ranked     

Warren:
I agree when with you when it comes to pop-up ads, but banners with graphics that change are just an advertisers way of trying to get your attention. Plus this can be used to showcase more of what they do, without having to buy a larger banner (more message within the same real estate).

I think the problem becomes when you get too many changing banners on a website. First and foremost, the site starts to look like a turkish bazaar. Second, people start tuning them out and not paying attention to them. Because I do the marketing for a large online website, I can tell you that it's a hard thing for webmasters to try and balance the income you get from banner advertiser's, while trying to maintain a clean and professional appearance to the website.

The one important thing to remember: Club Cobra is not an e-tailer, therefore the only source of income to run the ever-growing need for technology is via advertisers and member donations. The banner advertisers on this site not only support our hobby, but they support this forum community as well.

Last edited by Russ Dickey; 05-02-2006 at 01:26 PM..