View Single Post
Old 05-08-2006, 10:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

Engine stand: Use 4 1/2" long either 3/8" or 7/16" bolt (grade 5 or 8) using the holes for your Bell housing. I use the middle four horizontal bolt holes to attach your engine stand bracket . HINT: Remove the mounting brackets by removing the rod that you would rotate your engine with by pulling of the rubber grips and sliding the rod out of the 3" pipe. Then attach the bracket to your engine first and lift your engine up with your cherry picker and insert the bracket back into your stand, don't forget to use the lock bolt to keep the engine in place and re-install your rod and grip. My appologies for making this as simple as I have.

You will definitely want to use your tilting devise if you are installing your engine with your body on the car. For your cherry picker attach four corners of your chain to the front and rear intake manifold bolts on each side (I believe they are 5/16" bolts). Also, pick up several 3/8" and 7/16" flat washers (4 or 5 for each bolt).

Clois

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"

Last edited by Clois Harlan; 05-08-2006 at 10:53 AM..