View Single Post
Old 05-10-2006, 12:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #967
Not Ranked     
Default Clutch

I adjusted the slave linkage toward the slave so it would be fully engaged thinking this would stop the slipping. It certainly doesn't slip but the condition was almost the same before I adjusted it. The hot oil makes a lot of sense right now because it shifts perfect until it gets hot. I'm planning on bleeding the slave this weekend. I'll let you know the results. Thanks for your input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipzip
October,

I'm not familiar with the Superformance setup, and flushing fluid is never bad advice, but you described changing the slave cylinder setup just before experiencing the problem - have you checked that what you changed is not causing the problem?

With my setup, the shift fork is pulled toward the front of the car by the slave cylinder. I just finished adjusting mine last night. The problem that I had is that the "zero" position of the cylinder was too far aft. When the cylinder stroked fully, it didn't pull the clutch fork enough to fully disengage the clutch. This meant that as I was sitting with the engine running and depressed the clutch and tried to shift to 1st, there was enough torque through the clutch to spin the transmission gears, and the car wanted to roll forward through friction as the syncro was engaging the gear. I couldn't get it into gear because the input shaft was spinning with the engine.

Perhaps your adjustment has caused the clutch to always be "partially" disengaged. After driving a while (and maybe spinning some), the clutch and flywheel are hot which reduced the amount of friction between them, and you had a similar scenario where the transmission didn't fully disengage? I know you were trying to adjust tighter, but if by moving the locknut shortened the cylinder "zero" point, then that would actually disengage the clutch more.

Hope this helps. Pics may come in handy if you can...