View Single Post
Old 05-10-2006, 01:09 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster 351W, T5, Red & White
Not Ranked     
Default Update:

NOTE: Update as of May 11th:

" Per Sec. 14-80a-1a through 14-80a-10a of the DMV Regulations for "Glass Pack Mufflers" it is based on the loudness of the vehicle measured in accordance with the DMV Regulation. The loudness is affected not only by the mufflers utilized, but also by any engine modifications. There can be two different vehicles with the same exhaust system, however, they may have different engine modifications. One of the vehicles will pass the noise level measurement test and the other vehicle may not. "

CT DMV Section 14-80a-4a , Allowable Noise Levels since Jan 1, 1979. The maximum dB for a stationary test is 72 dB for soft site( grass ) and 74 dB for hard site ( pavement ). Section 14-80a-9a mentions the distance for measuring the dB. The baseline is 48 feet or more but less than 58ft. An adjustment to the dB reading is made up or down for readings either closer or farther away than the baseline range. The max reading is 81 dB for a hard site, highway operation above 35MPH, using the 48 to 58 ft baseline for measuring.
_____