Old 05-16-2006, 05:36 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF w/392CI stroker
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by easystep
Dean,

Living in Southern California, will you receive much benefit in your around town driving from the larger oil cooler? I would think not, but want to get your opinion. I'm in Southern Florida and it is already mid-80's to low-90's.

Thanks
I'm not changing the oil cooler, merely adding a provision to regulate the amount of oil I wish to flow through the existing cooler. As others have said, running too cool oil temps is not good. Yes, SoCal is warm during the summer months, but a typical Spring/Fall evening will yield temps in the low 60's, and Winter will yield evening temps in the 40's-50's. Trust me...it takes FOREVER for my oil temps to increase with the current setup, hence the existing cooler is quite efficient afterall! I presently use a clear lexan panel to cover up the cooler presently during those colder cruise events (which also doubles as a rock guard, I suppose).

Rob's components (pics above) are a work of art. 100% CNC-milled and (I estimate) a two-beer project to install for the SPF owner. Some additional fittings and hose to purchase (I personally prefer the strength of Aeroquip), but if you give your wife the money she's just going to spend it on more war paint and useless crap around the house that YOU will be selling at the next garage sale anyway!

-Dean

Last edited by RedBarchetta; 05-16-2006 at 05:39 PM..