View Single Post
Old 05-22-2006, 11:57 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Blue Car
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up '06 WSCB - TRACK DAY Feedback Thread

Hi to the '06 WSCB Racers,

Wow, what a great time we had at the track on Friday. The best part was that friggin down pour of rain. I had just pulled out of the pits and WHHHHHAAAAAMMMMO!!!! My God !!!!! It was like...You can run but you can't hide sort of thing. But for those of us who stayed, we were rewarded with a hot and clean track. I think I got another 3 sessions in before feeling like I had had my fill. It was pushing 5:00 when I left for the Nugget. I had a great time and my car ran like a champ.

I want to get everyone's feedback while the day is still fresh in your mind. I was not running in the Novice group so I don't know how the actual driving and instruction went for you guys. I did hear from a few of you and got some really good feed back. I started a list of things I saw that could most definitely be improved on. I also think some of you may have missed out a little on the instruction I was hoping for. Also I apologize for the redundant paperwork and the long lunch line. The “basic stuff” will be way simplified for you guys next year. Thanks for putting up with it and being patient with me.

Please let me know what you thought and what your honest opinions are so we can make Track Day that much better for '07.

Duane and I will be getting together on this obviously but I want to strike while the Track-Venom is still in your veins!!!!

Thanks to all of you who participated in this first ever WSCB Track Day. I have to say, over all, I thought it was a big success and hope that I am involved with next years Track Day. ET did a great job running the actual event and hope that everyone had a positive experience with their instructors.

I want to also thank Gary Cook of GT Auto, Brian Lee, Gary Bettencourt, Ron Barsamian (Jamo), and Richard Hudgins of JBL Motorsport for all their hard work teching the cars and helping out folks Thursday and Friday. We had some good laughs too. Thanks guys!!!

I’m looking forward to hearing from everyone and seeing all of you next year for ’07 WSCB-Track Day.

Talk soon and Good Times!!!!

John Marsey