View Single Post
Old 05-23-2006, 08:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 3850, 95 Cobra 5.0 EFI, IRS, Pin Drive 15" real Magnesium Halibrands & Vintage Wheels, Billboards & Mickey Thompson S/T tires, Blue/Wht Stripes, Hoops, CSX Dash, Konis, VPMs, Torsen
Not Ranked     

Thank you very much for the track day event. The track, inspections, ET, the instructors, flagmen, all were top notch.

I had just installed sway bars and this was the first drive. Car was fantasticon that beautiful track!

Which leads me to the first suggestion:
Need to run faster. I felt held back by the lead instructor car all day. If they want us to follow, they have to drive faster than 6/10. Maybe the B group can be 8 or 9/10? The A group can have one color sticker on windshield, B group another, novice a third color.

Second suggestion:
Safety of drivers: long sleeve shirts, eye protection, up-to-date helmets

Third Suggestion
As far as instruction, if we could group up and ride in mini-vans around the track a few times with the instructor driving and speaking, we could learn just as much, maybe more, than following a leader all day. This is just an alternate way of instructing. The way we did it was ok, but we could not try our cars out at whatever speed we wanted.

Fourth Suggestion
What about a "marque run"; say "All SPF's" or all "ERA's", etc. Or "all little blocks", "all big blocks" etc. Just a thought, maybe not enough time in one day to do this.

Fifth Suggestion
Having the scales set up was a great idea; that way people could see if their cars needed corner adjustments. Maybe some instruction on the benefits of that service would be helpful. How to adjust, etc.

Sixth Suggestion
Pictures: there were people out on the track taking hi-res shots...were those available to purchase? Not advertised, at least that I saw.