Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Blue Car
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Safety First!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Parker
Caution: Speed

The entire purpose of the Track Day was to allow those that desired, the opportunity to experience the cars at speed on the track, in the safest conditions possible. It was NOT to create an environment of "Afternoon Racers". This track carries a LOT of speed into Turn One. If you miss the apex or get out of shape you can get hurt real bad. No one wants to see anybody hurt at an event like this, (it could potentially jeprodize the track activity) but it can happen and has at other venues. These cars are very fast and can bite you in an instant and there is very little protection provided by the safety equipment in them as you all well know. Please be gratefull we were able to actually use the track as we did, and were able to all get home in one piece. Run groups are put there for a reason.
Rick,

I totally agree and you make a very good point. Turn #1 is definitely not the place to put it off the track. That is a very wide sweeping left hander. I was watching folks taking this turn way too tight which is dangerous, raises the rear of the car, and sets them in wrong position for following turns. It made me wonder what was going on with instruction. You should be way to the right and at least off the break upon entering this turn to do it safely and correctly.

Yes, we had a great day with no mishaps. Let's keep that in mind at all times. The last anyone wants to see is someone getting hurt or wrecking. The consequences are not worth it at any level. You don't need to go fast to have fun or work on driving techniques. Driving the line correctly and at a slower rate of speed is far more beneficial that simply trying to drive fast for the sake of trying to drive fast. You'll actually end up being much slower and reinforcing poor driving habits.

Well said Rick and you are right on mark as to where we should be focusing our attention.

Thank you, John